Rubber flooring tiles – If you have more than one floor in your house you may experience noise problems, such as steps or leakage of sound between floors. If you want to soundproof the second floor of your house, so that the noise does not leak above the bottom, you have several options available. The best course of action depends on how complete the second floor before soundproofing and how soundproof the floor must be.
6 Photos Gallery of: How to soundproof a rubber flooring tiles
- Place a soundproofing material as a coating or acoustical cork underlayment before installing the floor in the rooms of the second floor if the main floor was not installed yet. The coating and cork lining create acoustic noise barrier between floors and can be placed under many types of flooring, including wood and carpet. Both types of coating are installed directly to the subfloor with adhesive.
- Place a mat on the floor to create a soft surface that absorbs the steps and sounds. To reduce noise, line the floor under the carpet with a cork or coated foam.
- Add carpet to hard rubber flooring tiles surfaces. As with carpets, lining the floors beneath the carpets with a layer that absorbs sound, like cork or foam, or a piece of carpet cut to the size of the carpet. Place rugs where you can walk around the room without stepping on the wooden floor to silence footsteps.
- Cover the floor with rubber flooring tiles if the main floor of the hall is already installed and do not want to raise the floor to install a coating sound. Blocks tiles rubber seals around the edges to cover the entire floor. The rubber flooring tiles can be installed on any type of soil, but stay together more effectively and provide a more robust noise reduction, on hard floors.
5. lining the walls of the second floor with acoustic curtains or if you want the whole room is soundproof panels. Hang curtains with standard curtain rods or fixed directly to the walls. Acoustical panels usually come with their own installation tool, which consists of a hanger and screws, as well as the tools that come with a picture frame.