If you are doing a remodel of kitchen, consider installing bamboo countertops. All kinds of countertop materials (marble, laminate, wood) have their pros and cons, as well as bamboo. When searching for a countertop bamboo note that has many of the same properties that a wooden countertop. If a timber will serve, it is possible that wood is equally good, or even better choice.
- Choose bamboo if it fits the look of your kitchen. If you want an ultra-modern look, bamboo countertops are probably not for you. On the other hand, if you want to combine modern with some rustic, minimalist or be a Japanese Silo, bamboo countertops work well.
- Calculate your budget. In 2011, the typical cost of bamboo per square foot (0.09 square meters) was comparable to wood, according to Kitchen Countertop Options, with the typical type extension plate to $ 35 per square foot, at the low end and the wood slightly less, at $ 30. However, the type of grain bamboo is cheaper at $ 22 per square foot. Other options laminate, wood and bamboo are some of the most affordable.
- Evaluates meals and how do you operate one kitchen, because bamboo is not heat resistant. If you tend to put hot things on the counter, you can damage the countertop. However, bamboo is harder and denser than most hard woods, says the website of Totally Bamboo (which also mentions that it is 16% harder than maple, the most frequent wood utilized for cutting boards).
- Choose bamboo if you do not mind doing a little maintenance. You need to apply oil on occasion, but usually bamboo countertops need not be oiled as other wood worktops.
5. be environmentally friendly. Bamboo countertops are a good eco choice, since this is a renewable resource. Many vendors that sell bamboo countertops know that their buyers can be ecological (and even ecological companies themselves), so they are likely to find that these counters are mounted without any harmful chemicals; a huge plus when food is prepared on them.opolah 2opolah 3