A hidden liquor cabinet IKEA Bar hides and glasses and provides a full service bar that is out of sight. When not in use, this looks just like a picture hanging on the wall, but in reality, is hidden between two wall studs to provide a depth of 4 inches (10 cm) for storage. The frame is hinged at the bottom so that when it is pulled down, the back of the image forms a small table for serving and mixing drinks. This project is for a liquor cabinet IKEA 28 3/4 by 17 1/4 inches (73 by 44 cm) and will take approximately one day to finish it.
7 Photos Gallery of: A hidden Liquor Cabinet IKEA Bar
Furniture liquor cabinet IKEA construction
- Cut the necessary pieces of plywood 1/2 inch (1.2 cm). This design requires two pieces of 4 by 28 3/4 (10 73 cm) for the top and bottom of the unit and three parts 4 by 16 1/4 inch (10 by 43 cm) for the sides and center divider .
- cut a piece of 17 1/4 by 28 3/4 inches (44 by 73 cm) from plywood of 1/4 inch (0.6 cm). This part will cover the back of the liquor cabinet IKEA.
- Two vertical columns with drilled holes of 1/4 inch (0.6 cm) by 4 parts of 16 1/4 inches (10 by 43 cm). The vertical spacing is up to you but make sure that the columns are set to 1/2 inch (1.2 cm) backward from the outer edges of the wood. Repeat spacing in the three tables chosen so that they are identical.
- Place one of the 4 pieces of 28 3/4 inches (10 by 73 cm) flat and then glue, nails or screws 4 pieces of 16 1/4 inches (10 by 43 cm) to the base piece. For two pieces vertically at each end of the base and the third piece in the center thereof. Use pins to panels, or brooches, nailing the pieces.
- Wood glue applied to the tops of the uprights and places the second piece 4 by 28 3/4 inches (10 by 73 cm) in the top piece. Piece nailed or screwed in place.
- Align the back of plywood 1/4 inch (0.6 cm) with the frame you just made; secure with glue and nails or screws. Allow the glue to dry for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut the space between two wall studs to fit furniture with a cast saw or a jigsaw. Use a search engine to locate electronic beams supporting beams. Depending on the spacing between the joists in your home, you may have to cut a piece of them to fit the furniture or even you may have to adjust the size of the furniture to fit in between the support beams.
- Place the liquor cabinet IKEA between the support beams and screw it into place on the sides. Use at least four screws on each side for stability.